Oh Dem, You’ve read it correctly!
I’ve been making this Banana Bread recipe for a while now and it has been a success every time. For a long time, I’ve searched for the right recipe. But somehow the Banana Bread always turned out too dry or too wet. I’m looking for the perfect middle ground: A steady, solid bread with a soft core and crunchy crust. These words already make my mouth watery. And if you follow this recipe, you’ll really get what I’m saying here:
Soft. Core. Crunchy. Crust. Yum!
And with the addition of Chai Spices, it is even better.
The good thing with this recipe is that you can sweeten it a bit more if you see this as your dessert more than a ‘healthy’ snack.
So this is how you’d make it.
- 100ml of plant milk of your choice oat, cashew, almond, hemp, rice
- 20 grams of our Classic Chai Latte spice mix
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil or butter
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- About 5 ripe medium sized bananas
- 260gr. / 280ml whole spelt flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 full hand of chopped nuts and seeds. I used walnuts, pecans, and pumpkin seeds
- 1 hand of cacao nibs
- Optional: 6 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- Optional: 1 hand of blueberries
- Optional: A couple of dates
- Preheat oven to 190 celsius.
- Line a rectangular cake pan with baking paper
- Put 20 grams of our Classic Chai Latte mix in a glass with 100ml milk and stir until you get a nice brown/beige chai color. Pour the cold chai brew through a sieve into another glass or straight into the blender.
- Put the oil, vanilla essence, and bananas in a blender and blend until smooth. (Optionally you can add the maple syrup and/or the dates too if you like it sweet)
- Combine all the other dry ingredients into a bowl with the banana mix. Add in the nuts and cacao nibs.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan and smooth the top. Optional: Sprinkle with flaky salt. Bake until a wooden chopstick or something else inserted in the center comes out clean. It depends on the oven how long you need to bake it. In my oven it takes about 40 minutes.